Management and Economics
How do you run a successful company and drive the economy as a whole? Management and Economics combines business administration, economics, and empirical methodology.
Your studies will examine issues relating to both business administration and economics, giving you an extensive insight into the world of business and sound knowledge of the market environment in which companies operate.
You will also gain more in-depth knowledge of personnel economics, the economics of innovation, organizational economics, and microeconomics. Significant emphasis is placed on teaching modern, empirical methods of economic research.
Good knowledge of English is required for the Master's program in Management and Economics as the majority of courses are taught in English.
Career prospects and further degree programs
The major study program in Management and Economics qualifies students in particular for strategic management positions in international companies that are continually faced with new business and economic challenges brought on by globalization.
Moreover, graduates with the right aptitude have the opportunity to complete a doctorate, an outstanding foundation for an academic career at the juncture between business administration and economics.
Management and Economics is available as:
Major program: 90 ECTS credits.
Business and Economics
|Accounting and Finance||Development and
|Managing Education||Information Systems|
|Behavioral Economics||Marketing||People-Oriented Computing|
|Business Administration||Sports Management|
|Corporate Finance||Sustainable Finance|
Social and applied skills courses (core elective area)
In the major program «Management and Economics», courses that teach social and applied skills can be transferred to the core elective area.
Below you will find a list of these modules, which are offered either at UZH, Innovation Hub UZH or ETHZ and which are eligible for credit transfer to the core elective area of «Management and Economics».
Module Overview HS22 (PDF, 55 KB)
Further information on attending modules at ETH: ETH Modules
Are you planning to pursue a Master's degree program at our Faculty? Here you will find the further procedure.
Next steps and main contact points
- Application and admission: To study with us, you apply centrally at the University of Zurich.
Application and admission
- Admission based on academic background: If you have a Bachelor's degree from another higher education institution, get informed about the categorization process.
Admission to the Master's program
- Changing program: You are already studying with us and have realized that you might like another study program even better.
- Regulations: In the regulations you will find everything you need to know about studying here.
- Questions about your studies: You are already studying with us and have specific questions. Our Student Advisory Service or the Dean's Office team will be happy to help you.