Looking at programming, algorithms, data, software, and much more besides, in the minor study program in Informatics you will deepen the knowledge of informatics you acquired in your Bachelor's study program and take your algorithmic thinking abilities to a higher level.
You will have maximum freedom in your choice of modules, allowing you to focus on areas of concentration that reflect your particular interests.
As a student with a major study program in Informatics you will have the opportunity to deepen or expand upon the knowledge gained during your major study program in a focused manner. This will improve and broaden the range of career prospects available to you with a Master's degree in your major program.
As a student with a major study program in Business and Economics you will expand upon your basic knowledge of informatics and will add an IT component to theiryour major study program. You will acquire the necessary skills in your area of specialization to ascertain and analyze informatics requirements in conjunction with users and customers, design informatics solutions, test and implement informatics systems, and consult on technology and application issues. The spectrum of potential employers ranges from major companies to small firms.
Informatics is available as:
|Minor program: 30 ECTS credits.
Students pursuing a major program in Business and Economics choose the “Informatics for OEC” minor program.
Can be combined with the following major programs:
|Business and Economics||Informatics|
|Banking and Finance||Artificial Intelligence|
|Business Administration||Data Science|
|Management and Economics||People-Oriented Computing|
|Minor program for students from other faculties: 30 ECTS credits.|
|This minor study program can be combined with a major study program in accordance with the provisions set out in your program.|
Are you planning to pursue a Master's degree program at our Faculty? Here you will find the further procedure.
Next steps and main contact points
- Application and admission: To study with us, you apply centrally at the University of Zurich.
Application and admission
- Admission based on academic background: If you have a Bachelor's degree from another higher education institution, get informed about the categorization process.
Admission to the Master's program
- Changing program: You are already studying with us and have realized that you might like another study program even better.
- Regulations: In the regulations you will find everything you need to know about studying here.
- Questions about your studies: You are already studying with us and have specific questions. Our Student Advisory Service or the Dean's Office team will be happy to help you.