Navigation auf


Faculty of Business, Economics and Informatics

Mobility in a Minor Program

As a general principle, the minor program at Bachelor's level must be completed at UZH. In exceptional cases, however, and provided approval has been obtained from the examination delegate, it is possible to take a Bachelor's minor program at another Swiss university. It is not possible to do so at Master's level.


The external minor program that you wish to take must meet the following requirements:

  • It must be worth 30 ECTS credits
  • It must be offered at Bachelor's level
  • It must not be on offer at UZH or very similar to a minor program offered by UZH
  • It must have a legal basis (program regulations)

When submitting a petition for approval of an external minor program, you must provide evidence that these requirements have been met. There is no entitlement to complete a minor program at a different university.


If the requirements listed above have been met, you may submit a petition to the examination delegate for permission to complete an external minor program. When doing so, you must adhere to the following procedure:

  • Clarify with the other university whether it is possible for you to enroll in the minor program.
  • Submit a petition in writing to the examination delegate after the assessment level has been passed at UZH, including documents providing evidence that the requirements have been met.
  • You will then receive an official decision. If the decision is positive, you will be enrolled in the minor program titled "Minor completed at another university."
  • You must submit the necessary documentation when registering for your degree (see the next point).

It is important to remember that the regulations of the other university (concerning deadlines for booking modules, failed attempts and repeats, etc.) will apply when you are completing an external minor program.

Degree and credit transfer

Students register for graduation in line with the guidelines and deadlines set by the Faculty of Business, Economics and Informatics.


In order for credit earned from the external minor program to be transferred to the UZH degree, the other university must issue a confirmation of degree with an overall grade, showing that the requirements of the study program have been met.

The confirmation of degree must be submitted by the registration deadline and must be included in the registration for graduation.

Weiterführende Informationen


Nicola Wenning
Credit Transfer
Dean's Office