Development and Economic Policy
Focusing on the interplay between the state and the economy, economic policy considers situations where state intervention is necessary, what possibilities it offers, and where its limits lie. When should the state introduce regulation to help the economy develop to its full potential – and what measures should it use?
Economic policy pursues a range of different objectives and topics, sometimes in contrasting areas – discussing issues relating to stability, growth, state provision of public goods, competition, and redistributive justice. Other important aspects are the institutional framework in which economic policy decisions are made, and what possibilities are available for subjecting the effectiveness of policy measures to empirical testing.
This minor study program gives you the opportunity to focus on your own personal areas of interest and delve deeper into specific aspects of economic policy, such as monetary or fiscal policy.
By specializing with the minor study program in Development and Economic Policy, you will acquire valuable knowledge of economic policy which is in demand in, for example, central banks, economic media and international organizations.
Development and Economic Policy is available as:
|Minor program: 30 ECTS credits.
Can be combined with the following major programs:
|Business and Economics|
|Banking and Finance|
|Management and Economics|
Are you planning to pursue a Master's degree program at our Faculty? Here you will find the further procedure.
Next steps and main contact points
- Application and admission: To study with us, you apply centrally at the University of Zurich.
Application and admission
- Admission based on academic background: If you have a Bachelor's degree from another higher education institution, get informed about the categorization process.
Admission to the Master's program
- Changing program: You are already studying with us and have realized that you might like another study program even better.
- Regulations: In the regulations you will find everything you need to know about studying here.
- Questions about your studies: You are already studying with us and have specific questions. Our Student Advisory Service or the Dean's Office team will be happy to help you.