The minor study program Sustainable Finance provides you with an in-depth insight into the role that financial markets play in addressing global sustainability issues.
Sustainable Finance is defined as the integration of non-financial criteria such as environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into long-term financial decision-making. These factors also include systemic financial market risks. The importance of these criteria is increasingly recognized in Switzerland and internationally. The minor study program combines courses on Sustainable Finance in banking and finance with relevant courses from related disciplines and Faculties, thus enabling a sound interdisciplinary understanding and useful multidisciplinary skills.
Through the diverse range of courses, you will learn how sustainability considerations affect the financing and strategy of companies, investors, and financial institutions. You will study how financial markets and their economic policy and regulatory frameworks interact with the sustainability strategies of diverse stakeholders. The study program will enable you to systematically incorporate sustainability considerations into diverse roles in banking and finance or research to develop financial solutions to global sustainability issues. Choosing the new minor program ensures you a well founded specialization in the young field of Sustainable Finance.
The specialization in the minor study program Sustainable Finance offers excellent conditions for career entry in banking and finance, where sustainability criteria are becoming increasingly relevant, with local or international companies from a wide range of industries.
Sustainable Finance is available as:
|Minor program: 30 ECTS credits.
Can be combined with the following major programs:
|Business and Economics|
|Banking and Finance|
|Management and Economics|
Are you planning to pursue a Master's degree program at our Faculty? Here you will find the further procedure.
Next steps and main contact points
- Application and admission: To study with us, you apply centrally at the University of Zurich.
Application and admission
- Admission based on academic background: If you have a Bachelor's degree from another higher education institution, get informed about the categorization process.
Admission to the Master's program
- Changing program: You are already studying with us and have realized that you might like another study program even better.
- Regulations: In the regulations you will find everything you need to know about studying here.
- Questions about your studies: You are already studying with us and have specific questions. Our Student Advisory Service or the Dean's Office team will be happy to help you.