The minor study program in Quantitative Finance takes a more in-depth look at the world of financial products and risk management.
In addition to studying mathematical theory, students are given an insight into probability calculation and quantitative asset management. Rounding off the minor study program are lectures and seminars with a practical focus in the areas of portfolio management, financial engineering and alternative investments.
Specializing with the minor study program in Quantitative Finance offers excellent prerequisites for embarking on a career in the banking and financial services industry. The knowledge that graduates have acquired will open doors to roles in fields such as portfolio and risk management.
Quantitative Finance is available as:
|Minor program: 30 ECTS credits.
Can be combined with the following major programs:
|Business and Economics|
|Banking and Finance|
|Management and Economics|
Are you planning to pursue a Master's degree program at our Faculty? Here you will find the further procedure.
Next steps and main contact points
- Application and admission: To study with us, you apply centrally at the University of Zurich.
Application and admission
- Admission based on academic background: If you have a Bachelor's degree from another higher education institution, get informed about the categorization process.
Admission to the Master's program
- Changing program: You are already studying with us and have realized that you might like another study program even better.
- Regulations: In the regulations you will find everything you need to know about studying here.
- Questions about your studies: You are already studying with us and have specific questions. Our Student Advisory Service or the Dean's Office team will be happy to help you.