Which examination software is used for your examinations?
1. Examinations of the assessment level and large compulsory modules
In general all examinations of the assessment level and of large (compulsory) modules are conducted in the OLAT examination environment (EPIS). This environment is similar to but different from the OLAT teaching environment that you use in your courses. This uniformity of the examination environment has the advantage that you can get used to this examination environment. Furthermore, a test run will be carried out in time for each examination so that you will be prepared for the exam technique and know what to expect. In addition, the OLAT examination environment also has the technical advantage that protected access channels can be used for the examinations, thus limiting the risk of technical overload.
2. Further examinations
Further and especially smaller examinations can be held with selected other examination software, depending on the requirements of the respective courses. You will receive the relevant information from the lecturers in good time for each examination.
In order to participate in the examination an OLAT account (and the availability of your login data for registration) is a mandatory requirement. It is your unconditional obligation to ensure this.
What technical infrastructure do you need to have ready for your online examinations?
It is your responsibility to ensure a suitable infrastructure for digital teaching and digital examinations. This includes in particular Internet access and equipment with hardware that is sufficiently tested and stable.
In concrete terms, this means that you must have a laptop (or desktop) computer, an integrated or separate camera and microphone, and a smartphone for taking photos or scans. The devices must be equipped with a current Firefox and Chrome browser version. You will also need MS Teams and Zoom on your computer and smartphone; the software will be provided to you as a UZH student.
If further aids are required in individual courses (additional software (introduced during the lecture), calculators, etc.), you will be informed in good time before the examination. Again, it is your unconditional obligation to ensure this.
What else is to be considered?
We recommend the following measures to ensure that the online examinations run smoothly:
- Software- or Systemupdates: Do not perform any updates to your computer between the time of the mocke examination (test run) and the time of the examination. Ideally you should perform all updates before the start of the examination period.
- Automatic Softwareupdates: Make sure that your computer does not perform automatic system updates during the examination. Set your computer to manual updates.
- Stable Internet Connection: Make sure that your Internet connection is sufficiently stable. Ask your roommates/family members to avoid excessive Internet use during the examination in order not to compromise your Internet connection.
- Exams with Upload of Files: Plan enough time for uploading files at the end of the examination. The upload must be done within the examination duration.